• View Polling Locations
• Register to Vote
• Download Voter Registration Form
• Absentee Voting Information
• Absentee Applications
• Secretary of State
Governor Contact Info
All voters in South Dakota are eligible to vote absentee.
South Dakota Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 15 days before Election Day.
• By Mail: Received 15 days before Election Day
• Online: N/A
South Dakota Registration Requirements
To register to vote in South Dakota you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of South Dakota, and be 18 years old by the date of the next election.
• not be currently serving a sentence for a felony conviction which included imprisonment, served or suspended, in an adult penitentiary system
• Not have been adjudged mentally incompetent by a court
Start your voter registration
Subscribe to SMS Alerts
is a nationwide project of Liberty University under its Freedom Voters initiative. As a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, Liberty University does not endorse any candidate or political party.