A voter in Massachusetts is eligible to vote absentee in an election if he or she cannot make it to the polls on Election Day because he or she will be absent from the city, is disabled, or is prevented from voting at the polling place for religious reason.
Registration Deadlines & Requirements
Massachusetts Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 20 days before Election Day.
• By Mail: Postmarked 20 days before Election Day.
• Online: 20 days before Election Day.
Massachusetts Registration Requirements
To register in Massachusetts you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of Massachusetts
• be at least 16 years old (must be 18 years old to vote on Election Day)
• not have been convicted of corrupt practices in respect to elections
• not be under guardianship with respect to voting
• not be currently incarcerated for a felony conviction