All voters in Maryland are eligible to vote absentee.
Registration Deadlines & Requirements
Maryland Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 21 days before Election Day. You may also register during early voting or on Election Day with proof of address. See Election Day registration instructions.
• By Mail: Postmarked 21 days before Election Day.
• Online: 21 days before Election Day.
Maryland Registration Requirements
To register to vote in Maryland you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• not be under guardianship for mental disability a resident of Maryland
• be at least 18 years old by the next general election
• not have been convicted of buying or selling votes, and not have been convicted of a felony, or if you have, you have completed serving a court ordered sentence of imprisonment, including any term of parole or probation for the conviction