• View Polling Locations
• Register to Vote
• Download Voter Registration Form
• Absentee Voting Information
• Resources – Connecticut Secretary of State
Governor Contact Info
A voter in Connecticut is eligible to vote absentee in an election if he or she cannot make it to the polls on Election Day for one of the following reasons:
• Active military service
• Absence from town of residence during voting hours
• Illness or physical disability
• Religious beliefs that preclude secular activity on Election Day
• Required performance of duties as a primary, referendum or election official at a polling place other than a voter’s own during voting hours.
Connecticut Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 7 days before Election Day, if you miss the deadline, you can register at a designated Election Day Registration location in your town.
• By Mail: Postmarked 7 days before Election Day.
• Online: 7 days before Election Day.
Connecticut Registration Requirements
To register to vote in Connecticut you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of Connecticut and of the town in which you which to vote
• be at least 17 years old, those who turn 18 years old on or before Election Day will be eligible to participate in the general primary.
• Have completed confinement and parole if previously convicted of a felony, and have had your voting rights restored by the registrar of voters.
• Not be currently declared mentally incompetent to vote by a court of law.
Start your voter registration
Subscribe to SMS Alerts
is a nationwide project of Liberty University under its Freedom Voters initiative. As a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, Liberty University does not endorse any candidate or political party.