Colorado uses an exclusively all – mail voting system, so there is no explicit absentee requirement for registered voters in Colorado, except for those who do not wish to vote by mail. Under Colorado law, county clerks and recorders operate Voting Service and Polling Centers (VSPCs) 15 days before Election Day. Registered voters can visit a VSPC and do any of the following:
• Void their mail ballot to vote in – person
• Register to Vote
• Update an existing voter registration record
• Obtain a mail – ballot over the counter
• Vote in – person using paper ballots or electronic voting machines
Registration Deadlines & Requirements
Colorado Registration Deadline
• In-Person: Election Day.
• By Mail: Received 8 days before Election Day.
• Online: 8 days before Election Day.
Colorado Registration Requirements
To register to vote in Colorado you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of Colorado for at least 22 days before the date of the election in which you wish to vote
• be at least 16 years old, but you must be at least 18 years old before any election in which you wish to vote
• not be serving any sentence (including parole) for a felony conviction